Old August 22nd 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jake Brodsky Jake Brodsky is offline

Default What Happened to Grundig?

John S. wrote:

What in the world is a Chinese creation. We should then refer to older
Sony radios as Japanese creations, Ford car radios as Chinese
creations, Volvo cars as multinational creations, etc. Consumer and
other products are produced by countries rather than companies?????

I used the term "creation" because this radio had nothing much to do
with the well known (and highly regarded) German firm Grundig, except
for the name. You are correct in that the components did come from many
countries; though it appears from looking on the inside that the
majority of them did come from China.

DE AB3A