Old August 25th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default Hearing loss

On 24 Aug 2006 16:56:43 -0700, wrote:

Years ago a friend got the bright idea to connect his El Cheapo Tandy
stereo headset to his Marshall guitar amp. He didn't know that the
typical HiFi has a ~200 ohm resistor in series so he fired up the amp,
put the phones on and played a lick. Called me to complain about
how low the volume was. I went over and found the back of the
earphones discolored from the heat of the fried little speakers. He
was very lucky, God does sometimes look out for fools and children.
His amp was rated at something like 400W. And it had 4 pairs of
push pull output tubes.

I'm pretty sure the most powerful Marshall tube amp was 200 Watts.