Old August 30th 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
satellit-boy satellit-boy is offline

Default Hard to Find Grundig Satellit 500 & 700, Sony ICF2010 CX7961A-1ICs

Hi,

I am repairing a Grundig Satellit 500 radio which has suffered failure
of one of the two Sony CX7961A-1 PLL ICs used in this and similar late
80s-early 90s Grundig and Sony contemporary radios. The symptoms are
the radio appears to work in every other way, but no stations are
received. I have had great trouble locating a source of small
quantities of these ICs available at a reasonable price.

Although a web search will return many hits, these turn out to be IC
sourcing agents with high minimum quantity and order $ thresholds.

OK, the Satellit 500 may not have been the ultimate radio in
performance but I find the tone and general quality of these radios
appealing for general listening rather than chasing ultimate DX and
want to repair it if possible.

If you know of a source of small quantities of CX7961A-1 ICs, I would
greatly appreciate hearing from you.

-satellit-boy-