Old August 30th 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Hard to Find Grundig Satellit 500 & 700, Sony ICF2010 CX7961A-1ICs

Hi,

I am repairing a Grundig Satellit 500 radio which has suffered failure
of one of the two Sony CX7961A-1 PLL ICs used in this and similar late
80s-early 90s Grundig and Sony contemporary radios. The symptoms are
the radio appears to work in every other way, but no stations are
received. I have had great trouble locating a source of small
quantities of these ICs available at a reasonable price.

Although a web search will return many hits, these turn out to be IC
sourcing agents with high minimum quantity and order $ thresholds.

OK, the Satellit 500 may not have been the ultimate radio in
performance but I find the tone and general quality of these radios
appealing for general listening rather than chasing ultimate DX and
want to repair it if possible.

If you know of a source of small quantities of CX7961A-1 ICs, I would
greatly appreciate hearing from you.

-satellit-boy-

Old August 30th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"satellit-boy" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

This part was also used in the Radio Shack DX-440/Sangean ATS-803A
receivers.

Radio Shack has it listed in:
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc21/21364.htm

(look at the far right hand column) as part number 10870871;
toll free number to order is 1-800-843-7422.

Note that this list was generated over a year ago so it may no longer be
available.

Good luck!

Regards,
John

Old September 10th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John,

Thanks for the suggestion. I contacted Radioshack but they do not ship
internationally to Australia.

Does anyone know of any other sources of the CX7961A-1 IC.

Regards, SatellitBoy