Old September 3rd 06, 09:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default Small radio for backpack; reception in train?

I recently discovered the joy of shortwave listening with my new
Sangean ATS909.

Now I want to listen to shortwave while commuting on the train. My
ATS909 is too big for that, is there a small and good radio to carry in
a backpack? I can't use a telescopic antenna in a backpack, but is
there a chance of receiving the major broadcasters (e.g. Deutsche Welle
and BBC in Europe), despite the small antenna, metallic train and
electromagnetic disturbances from the train?

If necessary I could run a bit of wire inside the rucksack :-)