Old September 8th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Carl WA1KPD Carl WA1KPD is offline

Default Need Advice on configuration.

The TS 520 is 160 watts in, the LA1 is 300 watts in. The difference will not
be really noticed to a station on the other end.
Better to sell the Globe an auction site as a collectable and use the $$ to
buy a real linear

--
Carl
WA1KPD

"Paul P" wrote in message
A fellow ham asked me to help him configure a Globe Linear Amp to his
Kenwood TS-520 and antenna tuner. It appears to me that the Globe will not
let receive signals pass back to the transceiver. This was proven in the
shop while hooking up an antenna directly to the Kenwood then putting the
linear in line and loosing the receive signal.

I posted a schematic of the Globe Linear on my web site at
http://www.ppinyot.com/HomePage.htm. Click on the top most picture to
expand the image. It does not appear to me that there is a return path
for reception.

How would one accommodate this linear with a transceiver? Do I need two
T/R relays to make this work?

Thanks in advance,
Paul.