Old November 15th 03, 11:14 PM
Joe McElvenney

Hi,

I learnt for example that Yaesu VL-1000 Quadra displays a RF ouput of about
1kW PEP, in line with its specs
On the contrary the Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1KFX, 1.2 kW PEP provides less than
600W peak output (250W in RTTY or AM), even using an antenna tuner to get a
VSWR 1:1 on the working band. So we cannot really say that the lost power
(in this case 600W) is lost as heat as my SWR on the line is well 1:1.

Can someone explain me where goes the lost power in the Tokyo model or if my
reflexion is faulty?

It is all about how you read the specifications.

The VL-1000 has 1.0kW output for 2.1kW DC input

The HL-1KFX has 0.6kW output for 1.2KW DC input.

73 de Joe, G3LLV