Old September 8th 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.firefighters,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,rec.radio.scanner,misc.emerg-services
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default 9-11 was an 'Inside Job' say 73 top professors...I get it, you'll wait till you hear it from Katie Couric.

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Who said melt? Fire softens steel. It was a damn big
building, the fire wasn't everywhere.

wrote in message
ups.com...
| You've seen the photos of the survivors standing in the
impact holes on
| the side of the tower begging for help. How could they do
that if the
| temperatures were hot enough to 'melt steel'?

It appears you only have to cause one floor to drop in that type of building
to bring it down. On the History Channel they have a program called
Engineering Disasters, and in one of the shows they addressed that very
issue. They had actual films of a building that fell during construction
in just the way the WTC fell. After much testing they found that rebar had
been placed 1/2 inch off from where it was supposed to be in the floor. As
the building got taller there was enough weight placed on a lower floor and
it failed. The building went straight down, just like the WTC, killing a
bunch of workers. All this because of some rebar in the wrong place.

--
"Anybody who deliberately propagandizes with lies should be held up to scorn
and ridicule" - Al Franken