Old September 11th 06, 11:18 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Newton Wasp Newton Wasp is offline

Default New SkyWave 2879ABTC almost ready to fire up...

On a sunny day (Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:21:59 -0700) it happened Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:

Instead of unbalancing your balanced modulator (and thus defeating two
of the benefits of SSB),

Is he doing that? You must be joking right? I do not believe he does that?

why not run a key line along side the coax?
After all, you gotta connect the two with coax anyway, right? Just use
the external speaker jack to route it out the radio. Or, if the extra
wire is too expensive, how about modifying the radio to superimpose a
DC keying signal onto the coax that can be detected by the amp? Even
better, and since most amps are mounted close to the radio, how about
including a couple mic jacks in the amp; one for the mic and the other
for a patch cable between the amp and the radio's mic jack?

Sure, use the mike connector, I have this interface anyways for packet radio
(digital), cost only 3 connectors and 1 meter wire.
But then he needs different connectors for different types of sets.
And it takes some soldering.
Could sell it as : Adapter, gold plated? adapters is big business.....

Well I think that anyways after I have seen a gold plated audio cable for 100$
in a shop here ;-)