Old September 17th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rayburn Rayburn is offline

Default What antenna for receiving video signal from ISS ?

A plain wire dipole and a frequency of 14.313.00 will let you revcieve all
the "SPACE NUTS" you want ROFL!
Thierry wrote in message ...
Hi,

I live in Europe. I 'd like to know if it could be possible to receive
video signal from ISS (the one usually sent to Houston) when it crosses
the sky over europe and display the pictures on a normal TV (not via NASA
TV).

Could it be possible to pick up the signal with a normal satellite dish
(and of what diameter) and on which frequencies ?
In addition, could the signal be encrypted to prevent any reading ?

I haven't found any information about that on the net but I could imagine
that we you are able to pick up radio communication from ISS and NASA can
receive their video, it could be also possible to receive the video as
well (in the same way at weather imags).

Thanks for your lights

Thierry