Old December 4th 03, 01:33 AM
Bob Miller

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:56:55 GMT, (billy ball)
wrote:

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:29:10 -0600, Bob Miller wrote:
I'm considering buying a Yaesu ft-897 for fixed station, home use.

The QST review says there is a space inside the 897 enclosure for a
Yeasu AC switching power supply. My question is whether the 897 will
accept DC from an external power supply -- I already have a 30 amp
Icom power supply -- or must I use the Yaesu internal supply?

take your pick! you can use internal batteries, internal AC, or external DC...

i have the internal AC PS, but if i want, i can just unplug it from the
back of the 897 and use external DC... see the 897 manual for details..

Thanks, I'm glad they left all the options open...

and yes, i'd say the rig is a good deal for $700+change...

Yep, I need to modernize soon :-)

Bob
k5qwg

The rig looks like a pretty good buy at the current $700 or so, after
rebate. But if I have to spend another $200 on the internal supply,
that's not so good.

Thanks,

Bob
k5qwg