Old December 1st 03, 05:29 PM
Bob Miller

Default Question -- Yaesu FT-897 power supply

I'm considering buying a Yaesu ft-897 for fixed station, home use.

The QST review says there is a space inside the 897 enclosure for a
Yeasu AC switching power supply. My question is whether the 897 will
accept DC from an external power supply -- I already have a 30 amp
Icom power supply -- or must I use the Yaesu internal supply?

The rig looks like a pretty good buy at the current $700 or so, after
rebate. But if I have to spend another $200 on the internal supply,
that's not so good.

Thanks,

Bob
k5qwg

Old December 3rd 03, 04:56 PM
billy ball

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:29:10 -0600, Bob Miller wrote:
I'm considering buying a Yaesu ft-897 for fixed station, home use.

The QST review says there is a space inside the 897 enclosure for a
Yeasu AC switching power supply. My question is whether the 897 will
accept DC from an external power supply -- I already have a 30 amp
Icom power supply -- or must I use the Yaesu internal supply?

take your pick! you can use internal batteries, internal AC, or external DC...

i have the internal AC PS, but if i want, i can just unplug it from the
back of the 897 and use external DC... see the 897 manual for details..

and yes, i'd say the rig is a good deal for $700+change...