Old September 23rd 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Looking for additional texts on basic receiver design

jawod wrote:
Hi,

I am reading the ARRL Handbook on Receiver Design and frankly, I find
it's a bit out of my league. The writing assumes some knowledge of
circuitry that I am weak on. Eg., I think I can I can see from the
schematic that an RC circuit is shifting phase in a quadrature amplifier
stage but it's not mentioned in the text as such.

Hopefully, someone out there can get a sense of where I am on the
learning curve and can suggest an appropriate text (not TOO basic, I guess).

Thanks!

John
AB8O

I would suggest "Solid State Radio Engineering" by Herbert L.
Krauss, Charles W. Bostian, and Frederick H. Raab, John
Wiley & Sons, 1980. It covers radios for a lot of radio services,
isn't confined to amateur radio practice. Hardcover 534 pp.
Check used book listings on Amazon. Not one for Basic
Training but its not for PhD studies, either. Solid information
(no pun intended). It has nice illustrations. :-)