Old September 23rd 06, 11:43 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
dave dave is offline

Default You're not a real ham if you never took or passed a Code test.

Exactly...............oops I top posted again.

"Barry OGrady" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 04:29:02 -0700, "dave" cmrbison wrote:

Does anyone still "do" ham? There are cell phones, 15 mile range 2 ways,
satellite phones...............

Why would anyone want to take a test to communicate? with Star Trek
convention grade people??

For that matter why would anyone learn how to avoid top posting?

I passed my "ham" test in 1979 and now that the code requirement has been
completely removed for amateur radio I have full access to all bands, but
I never
get on the air.

"Slow Code" wrote in message
link.net...
Just thought you should know that.

Help save Ham radio and ignore Markie to save
usenet. Thanks

1- No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass all
elements required for their license class every ten years.

2- The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

3- Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for Extra.

4- Make the no-code license one year non-renewable.

5- Cancel your ARRL membership until they decide to work to improve
things and stop them from proposing ham radio that is like CB.

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og