Old September 23rd 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
notbob notbob is offline

Default ARRL "Homebrew Challenge"

On 2006-09-23, ken scharf wrote:

I would take exception to the "windows" requirement for the PC. They
should allow a solution using both "MAC" and "Linux" based PC's
especially the later.

Evidently, you didn't read this requirement thoroughly.

"The software must run on a Windows based PC platform although multi
platform support is encouraged."

I assume this is to make sure a solution is not done soley on an apple or
linux box, thereby leaving out 95% of computer users. I'm a linux
user, but let's face it, not including Windoze would exclude way too
many people. Not good for promoting ARRL programs.

nb