Old September 24th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Joseph Fenn Joseph Fenn is offline

Default AZDEN PCS4000 Memory Retention

I have trouble retaining the memories chosen for the 4 freqcy
chnls. I removed the internal (very tiny 3 v nicad) unit and
brought out connector wires from the rear and attached 3 regular
1.3 V volt nicads (double A size) and wired them in series.
This worked ok except the charging time was quite lengthy so
left the rig turned on for a aouple of days till the externals
charged up. This worked and kept the memories in tack, but
it affected the actual freq stored in each chnl thusly.
Cant set the freq offset to exactly +/- 25 or 250 or any other
even number. It only accepts 26 or 251 or 601 as the +/-
(I/E adds one digit instead of 5 or 10. Still works but am
told "you cound like little off freqxy on xmit".
Joe/kh6jf

* Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM*
* Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) *
* Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR *