Old September 24th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default AZDEN PCS4000 Memory Retention

I have trouble retaining the memories chosen for the 4 freqcy
chnls. I removed the internal (very tiny 3 v nicad) unit and
brought out connector wires from the rear and attached 3 regular
1.3 V volt nicads (double A size) and wired them in series.
This worked ok except the charging time was quite lengthy so
left the rig turned on for a aouple of days till the externals
charged up. This worked and kept the memories in tack, but
it affected the actual freq stored in each chnl thusly.
Cant set the freq offset to exactly +/- 25 or 250 or any other
even number. It only accepts 26 or 251 or 601 as the +/-
(I/E adds one digit instead of 5 or 10. Still works but am
told "you cound like little off freqxy on xmit".
Joe/kh6jf

* Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM*
* Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) *
* Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR *

Old September 24th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Joseph Fenn wrote:
[...]

that is rather bizarre. the only thing i could possibly add would be
to be certain that you reset the processor after the battery was
charged.... perhaps in the loss and restoration of battery backup and
main power up and down, something the uP got scrambled, and is being
very well maintained in the incorrect state by your cool replacment
backup battery.
Old September 25th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

that is rather bizarre. the only thing i could possibly add would be
to be certain that you reset the processor after the battery was charged....
perhaps in the loss and restoration of battery backup and
main power up and down, something the uP got scrambled, and is being very
well maintained in the incorrect state by your cool replacment backup
battery.

Yeah I left the Unit on for 2 days just to charge the external
BU batteries. But still no retention of settings. I originally
had 3 AAA type celles in the same place outboard so next thing to
try will be use 2 only. Maybe 3 was the cause of the added
digit of "1" on the offsets. Thsese were all lithydride types.
Tnx for response
Joe

Icom IC-R20 Programming Comments consigliori Scanner 0 October 20th 04 01:39 AM
FS: Semiconductor Data Books [email protected] Swap 1 April 28th 04 10:02 PM
Memory Keyer plans? Padraigh Homebrew 10 November 6th 03 02:38 PM
How to clear a VX-2R memory Tad Marko Equipment 0 July 27th 03 04:25 PM
How to clear a VX-2R memory Tad Marko Equipment 0 July 27th 03 04:25 PM