Old October 17th 03, 05:37 AM
Roy Lewallen

Holy mackrel, Mr. Science!

But gee, you can see that from even a casual glance at the equations
you'll find in virtually any transmission line text. It's kind of like
saying that wow, Terman concludes that resistance is voltage divided by
current, so now we can believe it too.

People who believe that SWR is affected by source impedance have either
rejected established theory, or don't have the background or interest to
read and understand what we consider to be very simple equations. So I'd
hardly expect them to be impressed by someone pointing out what the
equations and established theory say clearly and unambigously. You can't
fight Ouija boards with math.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Cecil Moore wrote:
Jim Kelley wrote:

It's hard to imagine how Rs (Zs) could have any effect on that ratio.

Here's an interesting quote from _Transmission_Lines_, by Chipman, page
175:

"Equation (8.27) demonstrates explicitly that the shape of a standing wave
pattern representing |V(d)| as a function of d on a transmission line is in
no way affected by the quantities, Vs, Zs, and rho(s) at the source."