Old September 29th 06, 02:42 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Opus- Opus- is offline

Default CW Code Reader recommendation

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:22:23 GMT, Slow Code spake
thusly:

Opus- wrote in
:

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:44:47 GMT, Slow Code spake
thusly:

"Tom" wrote in
news:gtidne6NO5opTIfYnZ2dnUVZ_qGdnZ2d@insightbb .com:

I am interested in the MFJ 464 and was wondering what you all thought
of
it. I've been wanting to get back into CW this winter and thought
this might help. Is there any other brand reader out there that is
any good? Thanks for your help.

The Human ear.

It doesn't need batteries, can provide reliable copy when band
conditions are bad, or the sender can't send well. All you need is a
pencil and paper for hard copy.

It takes a little work to get good at the Ear method, but no one has
ever has any problems learning it unless they're sick, lame, or Lazy.

You also have to believe that a bunch of beeps on the speaker is real
exciting.

That's why I said if you're sick, lame, and Lazy, then you can't or don't
want to learn it. Heard any DX on your CB lately?

Hear lots on my Grundig.
--

(Jim, single dad to Lesleigh [Autistic] 04/20/94)

"What, Me Worry?" A. E. Newman

Please note: All unsolicited e-mail sent to me may, at
my discretion, be posted in this newsgroup verbatim.