Old September 28th 06, 12:44 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default CW Code Reader recommendation

"Tom" wrote in
m:

I am interested in the MFJ 464 and was wondering what you all thought
of
it. I've been wanting to get back into CW this winter and thought this
might help. Is there any other brand reader out there that is any good?
Thanks for your help.

The Human ear.

It doesn't need batteries, can provide reliable copy when band conditions
are bad, or the sender can't send well. All you need is a pencil and
paper for hard copy.

It takes a little work to get good at the Ear method, but no one has ever
has any problems learning it unless they're sick, lame, or Lazy.

SC
Old September 28th 06, 02:16 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Slow Code wrote:
"Tom" wrote in
m:

I am interested in the MFJ 464 and was wondering what you all thought
of
it. I've been wanting to get back into CW this winter and thought this
might help. Is there any other brand reader out there that is any good?
Thanks for your help.

The Human ear.

It doesn't need batteries, can provide reliable copy when band conditions
are bad, or the sender can't send well. All you need is a pencil and
paper for hard copy.

It takes a little work to get good at the Ear method, but no one has ever
has any problems learning it unless they're sick, lame, or Lazy.

SC

The Army was full of cooks and mp's who washed out of ditty-bopper
school.

Old September 28th 06, 02:46 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:44:47 GMT, Slow Code spake
thusly:

"Tom" wrote in
om:

I am interested in the MFJ 464 and was wondering what you all thought
of
it. I've been wanting to get back into CW this winter and thought this
might help. Is there any other brand reader out there that is any good?
Thanks for your help.

The Human ear.

It doesn't need batteries, can provide reliable copy when band conditions
are bad, or the sender can't send well. All you need is a pencil and
paper for hard copy.

It takes a little work to get good at the Ear method, but no one has ever
has any problems learning it unless they're sick, lame, or Lazy.

You also have to believe that a bunch of beeps on the speaker is real
exciting.
--

(Jim, single dad to Lesleigh [Autistic] 04/20/94)

"What, Me Worry?" A. E. Newman

Please note: All unsolicited e-mail sent to me may, at
my discretion, be posted in this newsgroup verbatim.
Old September 29th 06, 12:22 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Opus- wrote in
:

news:gtidne6NO5opTIfYnZ2dnUVZ_qGdnZ2d@insightbb. com:

I am interested in the MFJ 464 and was wondering what you all thought
of
it. I've been wanting to get back into CW this winter and thought
this might help. Is there any other brand reader out there that is
any good? Thanks for your help.

The Human ear.

It doesn't need batteries, can provide reliable copy when band
conditions are bad, or the sender can't send well. All you need is a
pencil and paper for hard copy.

It takes a little work to get good at the Ear method, but no one has
ever has any problems learning it unless they're sick, lame, or Lazy.

You also have to believe that a bunch of beeps on the speaker is real
exciting.

That's why I said if you're sick, lame, and Lazy, then you can't or don't
want to learn it. Heard any DX on your CB lately?

SC
Old September 29th 06, 02:42 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:22:23 GMT, Slow Code spake
thusly:

Opus- wrote in
:

[...]

Hear lots on my Grundig.