Old September 29th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dale Parfitt Dale Parfitt is offline

Default NEED Beacon shows up on 505 KHz

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dale Parfitt wrote:
Anyone else hearing this beacon? "NEED". I've been listening to the newly
authorized hams on the 600M band and this beacon shows up.
I'm in western NC- 7' shielded/amplified loop + homebrew RX.

Dale W4OP

Tonight (2006 09 28) at about 23:30Z I am picking up a very weak signal
on 503.6KHz. I am rearranging my radio room and antennas, so I am
using my field radio and antenna. A DX398 and a random wire, about 40'
long, at a 6' elevation.

There is too much QRN to tell if there is any modulation on the
carrier.

I am located between Lexington KY and the KY river.

Terry

OK Terry,
Keep me informed if you will. NEED has been heard in TN, NC and OH.
WD2XSH/10 is now 589 copy on 504.5 KHz. 0321 UTC.
Can't wait for the season to quiet down and see how loud the west coast WD2
stations are.
Dale W4OP