Old October 8th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
t.hoehler t.hoehler is offline

Default Got a RAT Infested Radio ??

"Christopher Bucca" wrote in message
There are several solutions that work on urine smell available at pet
stores. One of them is called Out. There are others, as well. They are
non-reactive to the ammonia component and work biologically through enzyme
action. I haven't tried it on any boatanchors, but it works good enough so
that a dog can't smell where he's peed before.
If you ask me, thats pretty damn good!

Chris
KC2BZH

That _is_ pretty damn good! Another product is Urine-Off, not to be confused
with ****-Off. : ) Works well on pet urine, can't vouch for
effectiveness in radio chassis. I have always used Bam! spray cleaner on
tobacco smell problem units. (jukes and pins) Gotta keep it away from relays
and tube sockets, as it is conductive as hell, but it takes away the tar and
the stuff that makes the stink. It also rinses clean with plain water.
regards,
tom