Old October 12th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default Installation in a Ford E450

On 12 Oct 2006 03:30:27 GMT, Ed
wrote:

I have a motorhome on a Ford E450 chassis. I wish to install a mobile
radio in the cab area, and run the DC wiring through the firewall, to the
battery. Preferable, the wiring will go through on the driver's side....
it does seem a lot less congested there.

My question: has anyone done installations on such a vehicle? Can you
suggest a good location to run a pair of #14 wires through the firewall?
ANy ready made access or do I need to drill?

Ed K7AAT

When I need to get through the Firewall on a vehical I usually go
through the rubber collar around the steering column.
John Ferrell W8CCW