Old October 19th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
DesignGuy DesignGuy is offline

Default Interference with TV and Intercom

When transmitting on 20 meters my rig is causing interference to our home
intercom (in the wall hard-wired unit) and TV (cable). I've checked the
ground, the rig is new (FT-897), as is the antenna (G5RV-Jr). Antenna is
located in attic due to neighborhood restrictions.

I'm guessing the the intercom wires in the walls are acting as a big
antenna, but where would I start putting chokes on? Or would a filter at
transmitter (low/high pass?) be where to start?