Old October 24th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ian Smith Ian Smith is offline

Default kenwood 450s problem.

Hi,
I seem to have a problem with my kenwood 450s. I can transmit fine on
80 and 40 meters but when I go to 20 nothing plus there is what sounds
like an echo when I try to transmit. The antenna tuner says the SWR is Ok.
I use a G5RV antenna and thought that this may be the problem. I have
just installed an "ENDFEDZ" 20m end fed dipole, the results are the
same. I can receive OK and there is no difference on the transmit side
when I bypass the tuner and connect either antenna directly to the
radio. Any help / suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks
Ian
VA3SOF