Old October 25th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default newbie looking for purchasing advice on new radio

muncybob wrote:
I guess I should have stated that yes the radio will be used in
USA(Pennsylvania). I'll look for the models suggested...he really likes
to "tinker" with the radio so the other sources won't fit the bill.
Also, he has bad arthritis and small controls on a radio will be
difficult for him to manage. Thanks again!

Go to www.QRZ.com and go to the name lookup. Put in your zip code and
see if you recognize any of the names, or if not see any near by.
This will give you the names and adress of Ham radio operators near you.
If you contact a few, you will find one who can help you.

They may be able to help you find a receiver or get your father's one
repaired.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/