Old October 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default Would you join the ARRL if you found out they were only interested in selling memberships?

Robert Grizzard wrote in
newsan.2006.10.25.01.06.24.609041@pan:

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:12:30 +0000, in rec.radio.swap, "Chris"
wrote:

My, my. Someone whose idea of making a point is to change the subject.

1. The newsgroups were selected by one of your own.

No; they were selected by a malevolent troll who presents a data point
indicating that W2NSD/1 might have been on to something, assuming he
really is an Extra.

I merely followed up
to the thread. Talk to the original poster if you are really serious
(which of course you are not);

He has been challenged on his behavior before. He has replied with his
five lifetime goals. He is a one-trick pony.

He is boring.

2. The URI you list is non-authoritative, and probably unreliable. The
primary authoritative sources on Usenet posting are to be found in the
news.answers group.

http://snipurl.com/10buv

(That expands to
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-hie...estions/How_to
_find_the_right_place_to_post_(FAQ), by the way.)

# Newsgroups:
# news.announce.newusers,news.groups.questions,news. groups.reviews,
# news.groups,news.newusers.questions,alt.config,alt .answers,NEWS.ANSWERS

Seems it *was* posted to NEWS.ANSWERS.

Accept nothing else (I suggest that you take a look
at the posting FAQ, because you've already violated several of its
guidelines), and

Really. Several?

Which ones, praytell? Posting to a newsgroup I don't read? I know
where rrap is; I choose not to read it. Nevertheless, it is dragged
willy nilly into a newsgroup I *do* read.

The questions were rhetorical, by the way. You needn't answer.

3. Remove the hook that's dangling from your mouth. Everybody can
see that you've been snapping at troll bait.

He says, to my first response to this incessant interminable internecine
war.

Welcome to my killfile. You and "Slow Code" can keep each other
company.

You try to help someone be a better ham and look what happens, they
killfile you. I knew dumbing down ham radio would let in a bunch of
ungrateful people, but I didn't think it would get this bad.

SC