Old October 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Default Would you join the ARRL if you found out they were only interested in selling memberships?

Robert Grizzard wrote in
newsan.2006.10.25.01.06.24.609041@pan:

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:12:30 +0000, in rec.radio.swap, "Chris"
wrote:

My, my. Someone whose idea of making a point is to change the subject.

1. The newsgroups were selected by one of your own.

No; they were selected by a malevolent troll who presents a data point
indicating that W2NSD/1 might have been on to something, assuming he
really is an Extra.

I merely followed up
to the thread. Talk to the original poster if you are really serious
(which of course you are not);

He has been challenged on his behavior before. He has replied with his
five lifetime goals. He is a one-trick pony.

He is boring.

2. The URI you list is non-authoritative, and probably unreliable. The
primary authoritative sources on Usenet posting are to be found in the
news.answers group.

http://snipurl.com/10buv

(That expands to
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-hie...estions/How_to
_find_the_right_place_to_post_(FAQ), by the way.)

# Newsgroups:
# news.announce.newusers,news.groups.questions,news. groups.reviews,
# news.groups,news.newusers.questions,alt.config,alt .answers,NEWS.ANSWERS

Seems it *was* posted to NEWS.ANSWERS.

Accept nothing else (I suggest that you take a look
at the posting FAQ, because you've already violated several of its
guidelines), and

Really. Several?

Which ones, praytell? Posting to a newsgroup I don't read? I know
where rrap is; I choose not to read it. Nevertheless, it is dragged
willy nilly into a newsgroup I *do* read.

The questions were rhetorical, by the way. You needn't answer.

3. Remove the hook that's dangling from your mouth. Everybody can
see that you've been snapping at troll bait.

He says, to my first response to this incessant interminable internecine
war.

Welcome to my killfile. You and "Slow Code" can keep each other
company.

You try to help someone be a better ham and look what happens, they
killfile you. I knew dumbing down ham radio would let in a bunch of
ungrateful people, but I didn't think it would get this bad.

SC
Old October 26th 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:55:59 +0000, Chris wrote:

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:51:41 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Robert Grizzard wrote in
newsan.2006.10.25.01.06.24.609041@pan:

Welcome to my killfile. You and "Slow Code" can keep each other
company.

You try to help someone be a better ham and look what happens, they
killfile you. I knew dumbing down ham radio would let in a bunch of
ungrateful people, but I didn't think it would get this bad.

It's the hook in his mouth. It's painful and probably makes him
cranky. On the other hand, that Pan news reader of his is very buggy
and is known for silently removing characters when it sends articles.

Maybe it was Pan talking instead. Grizzard may be a nice guy who has
simply been sandbagged by a crappy news reader I'll bet that its
killfiling doesn't work either, and that he has accidentally killfiled
himself.

In any case, he'll eventually be back. We can help him then.

That coming from someone who uses OE for news reading? You wouldn't know
a quality news reader if it jumped up and bit you.

Good day, sir. I said GOOD DAY!

--
"Don't get too wrapped up in dogma. Who knows? When we get to heaven
there might be a Big Buddha laughing at us while we're all running