Old October 29th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Anderson Powerpoles on Front Panel

In article ,
"Al Lorona" wrote:

I am interested to hear how you have solved the problem of panel-mounting
Anderson Powerpole connectors.

Al-

I don't recall where I saw it, but there was an article about using the
connectors that West Mountain Radio uses in their RigRunners. As I
recall, the pair were soldered to a small circuit board and mounted
behind a cut-out in the panel. If you can look at one of the
RigRunners, it should be possible to figure out how to do it. The only
problem is finding that version of the connectors. I'd try West
Mountain Radio first.

I understand at least one Ham transceiver has been produced, possibly a
Yaesu, with the pair mounted on the rear panel.

73,
Fred
K4DII