Old October 30th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
lu6etj lu6etj is offline

Default Horizontal Coaxial Dipole?

Hi Cecil

If I have understood well your question, I think that the "Resonant
Feed dipole" (ARRL Handbook. 1996, page 20-17) is so much similar to
the clasical sleeve antenna. See in http://www.io.com/~n5fc/rfd.htm a
description.

Decoupling with his approach (choke) to the transmission line is poor
due high end Z.

I have modified it replacing coaxial choke transforming it in a coil
(less turns) made with the same coaxial but parallel tuned with a
condenser making these turns resonate (both terminals of condenser are
connected on the braid).

It is a good kite antennna (I am flying today with a Rokaku kite), and
a good solution for a good "windows in" dipole, without any tunner
neither earth connection...

Best Regards

Miguel Ghezzi (LU 6ETJ)