Old November 1st 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Good buy on eBay

In article ,
"John Plimmer" wrote:

Hi Mike,
No I never laid eyes on a Ten Tec RX340 but a couple of my
serious DX
mates had them but sold them on after a while. Apparently the IP3 is
not so good, so when you DX the MW band with the 9/10 khz splits the
splatter comes through.

The seller now uses a portable laptop PC and DX's with a Winradio
G313E which he loves. There is also the question of the Ten Tec's
size and weight, so carting it around to the many DXpeditions they go
on, is a bit of a chore. There are many other very happy owners of
the RX340 which swear by it and love it to death.

Snip

I won't be selling my RX340 anytime soon. The IP3 could be better but I
expect that your friend made the switch for other reasons seeing as he
went for a computer radio. The G313E would be the way I would go if I
had the inclination to purchase a computer based radio.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California