Old November 3rd 06, 02:59 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
wbertram wbertram is offline

Default PRO-92 PC interface cable

Frank346 wrote:
"wbertram" wrote in message
Radio Shack has a cable with a USB connector on one end and the
appropriate plug for a PRO-92, 95, 97, or 96 one the other end.
Offhand, I don't remember the catalog number, but I am sure you can find
it on the RS website. The same cable is also available from the mfr. of
the PRO-92, at http://www.greamerica.com/scanner.html. Many people
have used the 20-289 cable with Win92 and a USB/Serial adapter,
starrsoft.com has a page on which adapters work best and how to do it.

The 20-047 cable definitely is not for the PRO-92. It is for older
scanners.

Wrong - the 20-047 is the USB cable for newer scanners, see
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2177609&cp

20-048 is for older scanners and is discontinued.

Sorry, my error! Yes, the 20-047 is the correct USB cable for the
PRO-92, and it should work.