Old November 3rd 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Roger D Johnson Roger D Johnson is offline

Default National NC-120 audio transformer

Don wrote:
Thanks for the response. Will I run the risk the damaging other
components if I try an audio transformer with a 10,000 ohm primary and
an 8 ohm secondary?
Hi Don...

My tube manual lists the load impedance as 7600 ohms for a 6K6 with
250 volts on the plate. The 10k transformer will not provide full
output from the tube but should be substantially more than the
original transformer. No risk of damage to anything but your ears
if you plug headphones in with the volume turned up!

73, Roger

--
Remove tilde (~) to reply

Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)