Old November 19th 06, 08:08 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
olekinghole9007 olekinghole9007 is offline

Default Anyone heard Omega One the last couple of days?

Slow Code wrote:
Nothing heard here. Maybe Todd just needed to talk to someone on 11
meters for a while and he will be back again on 13.556 real soon.

I was listening on that freq a few nights ago and
heard what sounded like a 14 year old kid belching
and making fart noises into his microphone.
Perhaps some kid or more likely a juvenile-minded adult
was just looking for his 15 minutes of fame on the freq?

If I'd known operation was going to be so sporatic, I would have made
recordings and burned them on a CD.

What a waste of a perfectly good CD.
Heck I'll bet you couldn't even sell one of them at the
Dayton Hamvention along with colourful cover art
and a jewel case for $2.00 a pop.

Best to just blow farts on 13.556mHz and if you
lucky you may made a few of the SWL blogs or
one of the shortwave pirate logging articles in a
future issue of the Monitoring Times.