Old November 21st 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
C. J. Clegg C. J. Clegg is offline

Default Questions on broadband antenna design (e.g. T2FD)

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:19:44 +0000, Wayne wrote:

We simply used the commercially available B&W broadband loaded dipole.
Our customer typically ran 1KW into the antenna, and was very happy with
the price/performance. In spite of the negatives often cited about the
antenna, it is a very effective compromise for some situations.

The other reason I don't necessarily want to use the B&W is that with a
little freedom of design parameters and my limited frequency range of
interest (don't need 1.8 to 30 or even 4 to 30, just need 4 to 9), I was
hoping I could adjust the design characteristics to minimize the
inefficiency and mitigate the negatives.