Old November 23rd 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam/WB2TT Tam/WB2TT is offline

Default Questions on broadband antenna design (e.g. T2FD)

"Dave Platt" wrote in message
In article ,
C. J. Clegg wrote:

So, my questions are...

Take my answers as best-guesstimates, please, rather than as gospel!

1. How do I determine the overall antenna length that will give me the
most efficient (which is to say, the least inefficient) performance across
the 4 to 9 MHz range?

A range greater than 2:1 means that you're almost certainly going to
run into at least one operating frequency at which the antenna itself
is an extremely difficult load (very low, very high, and/or very
reactive) and that most of your power is going to end up in the
terminating resistor.

Since his range is just slightly more than 2:1, I wonder if he can pick the
resonance so that the thing is not full wave at any frequency of interest.

Either Mouser or Digikey had 50 W non inductive resistors.

Tam/WB2TT