Old December 4th 06, 11:33 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner.uk,rec.radio.scanner,uk.radio.amateur,uk.rec.aviation
bob.martin bob.martin is offline

Default faulty Signal R532 - any help/repairs?

Dear All,

I have a Signal R532 (A classic!) scanner and it has gone faulty. It powers
up ok and the display and all buttons work fine, it just seems not to tune.
I can change the frequency display with the buttons but this appears to have
no effect on the frequency of operation. I can hear some stations but the
level is very quiet.

It could be out of alignment? I have had the covers off and it looks like
some of the tuning slugs on the coils have been twiddled (not by me!)

I bought it off EBay and was Sold as Seen as I have wanted to add one of
these to my collection.

If anyone can fix it for me there is money waiting!!

I phoned Castle Electronics but they said they were unable to repair these
as parts no longer available and they don't have the schematics

Thanks for any help/suggestions/offers

Jim G7NKS

p.s. I know as a "real ham" I should do it myself blah blah
blah............M3 rant blah........black box....RSCB blah.........dumbing
down....