Old December 9th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
U-Know-Who U-Know-Who is offline

Default Why can't you people see that CW makes better more capable hams?

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
s.com:

Slow Code wrote:
Lets just say the microphone on your HF rig breaks during an
emergency and you don't have a spare. The ham that knows CW can
keep communicating. The ham that doesn't know CW is going to die.

Moral: Always have a spare microphone available.

ROFL

Funny and common sense at the same time! How about that.

I would have expected any one else here but you to post that.

Why?

If someone is worried about microphone failure at a critical time, it
makes sense to have a spare microphone available.

Yes to all that, but the point I wanted to make was that CW is another way
to get a message through. It's another tool in the tool box that can be
used when other tools are not available. A ham that doesn't know CW
doesn't have that tool. Hope he has a spare mic.

SC

Most have spare rigs. You OTOH, well, you're just destitute.