Old December 12th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
sbo sbo is offline

Default Questions of a very beginner.

Hello,

I have bought a week ago a SONY ICF 7600GR in a famous shop here in
Paris.

I live in an appartment at the 4th floor; the closest wall is at 30
meters.

I would like to know how to improve the reception thanks to the
antenna.

For now, the best results i could get were by using an electrical cable
linked to a drainpipe; not very professional, i know, but thanks to
this archaic system i can daily receive many radio stations from
europa, and even china.

What do you think i should do to improve reception ? And is thi
temporary system OK ?

Should i buy an antenna ? And if yes, which one could suit my needs ?

Thanks in advance.

PS : I feel quite sad tonight because everywhere i look on the
internet, it seems that SW are dying. Radio stations close, people do
not buy anymore radios, etc.
What do you think ?