Old December 16th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
tack tack is offline

Default GE World Monitor P2900A

wrote:
I recently added a General Electric World Monitor P2900A shortwave
radio to my collection. Does anyone know anything about these radios?
Like, history, when they were produced and in what numbers,
performance, ect. I also would like some ideas on replacing the
missing left telescoping antenna; what would make a good replacement.

I made a mistake; the broken antenna is the FM antenna on the right.
Does anyone have a close-up picture of this antenna? How does it work?
I understand that it's strange