Old December 18th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default looking for 2-meter yagi

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:55:44 -0500, "merlin-7"
wrote:

This is the problem I want to avoid, I could build my own but I do not have
the time as in the next 6 months or so I will be moveing to NC and most of
my time is used up in painting etc. the home I am in now, getting ready to
sell it.
I need an antenna that can make contact with some of the repeartes here in
SC. (as band conditions permit)
I can, at times, get into some of the NC repeaters on my coliner vertical
at 50'. I was hopeing with a good beam at 70' (from NC) that I could
increase the odds...
Still looking for a good 2-m beam
Joe

You may regret the beam for repeater work. I live in the Greensboro
area and have found that even a tower mounted Ringo brings up too many
machines on a given frequency. Just about any tower mounted antenna
will work into the Mt Mitchell machine and there fore SC!

The real wonder of it all is so many repeaters and so little
activity...

John Ferrell W8CCW