Old December 23rd 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default Chinese AR88

"k35454" wrote in message

"MRe" wrote in message

Found on the website of 'HKradioer'; a chinese version of
the AR88
Link with automatic (cripple) translation
http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=...glepages.com/9

His website has also other tube-based Chinese radio's on
display

Greetings from Groningen ^top^ of Holland

MRe

Greetings from Canada. I was in Winschoten
(?) when
WW2 ended in Europe. k35454.

This is a very interesting web site. One can figure out
the translated text reasonably well. Some of the odd word
substitutions actually make some sense, for instance
"aircraft" or "plane" for radio, after all the radio is sort
of dealing with signals flying through the air. I think
"loom" means "band", again a sort of connection if you think
of a cloth band being made on or a part of a loom. Automatic
translation of a pictographic language is something of a
tour de force.
The AR88 copy looks well made from the photos.

--
---
Richard Knoppow