Old December 26th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Rick Rick is offline

Default Scientists Predict Big Solar Cycle

Screwdriver should work fine. You are talking about mobile, right?

I did use a screwdriver antenna (they weren't yet called that then,
this was 1988) on the balcony of my apartment at the time, ran a single
radial for 10, 15, and 20 meters each. Worked the world with 50W RTTY.
Didn't work all that great on the lower bands, about comparable to an
HF mobile signal. I could be heard on the nets on 40 and 75 if
stations were listening for mobiles.

Good luck on the General.

Rick

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Scott in Baltimore wrote:
Let's go 10 meters!

More, with diagrams and charts:

http://www.physorg.com/news86010302.html

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...ec_cycle24.htm

Hello Scott:

Yeah I'll bet there will be a lot of guys wanting to convert there 11
meter antennas to 10 meters.

I use a Alpha Delta 80 thru 10 Meter fan type dipole. Its not the cats
meow but it works. I get to listen in on the local 40 meter rag
chew-net-qso-free 4 all.

Merry Christmas

Jay in the Mojave

I wonder how a screwdriver antenna would work on 27 MHz? I'm set to take my general test on 01-07-07.
I'll need a 706 or an Alinco DX-70.