Old December 27th 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ralf Ballis - DL2MRB Ralf Ballis - DL2MRB is offline

Default MFJ-929 and a Yaesu FT-857

Thank you for answering.

Dave Platt wrote:

One*of*them*tells*the
radio that there's a slave CAT device attached, and the other tells it
to talk to a tuner via the CAT port.

When I select a tuner on FT-857 options, CAT type option turn automatically
to tuner and isn't changeable.

Since I try to connect and several options on this tuner, think I notice a
burned smell coming out from this tuner.
Works normally, maybe some device burned down by using any wrong option on
this MFJ-929.

73

Ralf, DL2MRB
--