Old December 27th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Coslo Mike Coslo is offline

Default Antenna Stirs Up Controversy :-)

"Pete" wrote in
:

If the neighbourhood had not removed every single tree around, the
antenna would not look so stark in it's nested state. We have a lot of
those walled estates here in ZS and they seem to attract the same anal
residents!

And behind walls is a great place for them.

The developments here are also devoid of trees.
Unfortunately, we don't have a federal law to rely on here, our
amateurs have to rely on sneaky antennas only.

Perhaps the Amateur could get rid of his unattractive antenna if
the neighborhood would agree to purge itself of other eyesores - such as
the adipose and unnatractive women complaining about the antenna.

Lucily I live in a freehold suburb with plenty of trees. My 55'
crank-up also nests at about 20' and is virtually invisible from all
roads but one due to the trees around it. Only my immediate neighbours
can see it in the nested position, but they still have the trees to
get an idea of the proportions so it is not a problem. Trees have more
bulk than the antenna and give proportion to it's size.

Maybe that guy should print some info leaflets for the neighbours to
inform them that in an emergency situation, that 'eyesore' could be
their only communications system and their lifeline to help?

I believe, he would be better off selling his place and moving to a
neighborhood that doesn't have People who want to controll everything
their neighbors do.

People forget surprisingly quickly that the distance from the top of
the (technological) heap to the bottom is an incredibly short
distance! One big storm in the right place and infrastructure can
crumble and take them back to their medievil walled villages that they
appear to be longingly trying to emulate!

Like I said, they belong behind walls....

What hole comes before a B-Hole?

And How!

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -