Old December 26th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Antenna Stirs Up Controversy :-)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aC_EeWSKJ...ch=ham%20radio

:-) :-)
Someone should press charges against this TV company.
Music like from movie psycho as background.
That is crime on Ham radio.
73 from 9A4MN Nenad Mihajlovic

Old December 26th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Yea thats the kind of crap us hams get, up untill theres a local emergancy.
Like a hurricane or such.
Besides,I think It was ugly too...it needs to be higher and maybe
stacked...

Joe

Old December 26th 06, 08:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

If the neighbourhood had not removed every single tree around, the antenna
would not look so stark in it's nested state. We have a lot of those walled
estates here in ZS and they seem to attract the same anal residents! The
developments here are also devoid of trees. Unfortunately, we don't have a
federal law to rely on here, our amateurs have to rely on sneaky antennas
only.
Lucily I live in a freehold suburb with plenty of trees. My 55' crank-up
also nests at about 20' and is virtually invisible from all roads but one
due to the trees around it. Only my immediate neighbours can see it in the
nested position, but they still have the trees to get an idea of the
proportions so it is not a problem. Trees have more bulk than the antenna
and give proportion to it's size.

Maybe that guy should print some info leaflets for the neighbours to inform
them that in an emergency situation, that 'eyesore' could be their only
communications system and their lifeline to help?

People forget surprisingly quickly that the distance from the top of the
(technological) heap to the bottom is an incredibly short distance! One big
storm in the right place and infrastructure can crumble and take them back
to their medievil walled villages that they appear to be longingly trying to
emulate!

What hole comes before a B-Hole?

Merry Christmas to all!

73 from Sunny Durban South Africa

--
Pete . .
ZS5ACT / ZS5ZZ

Old December 26th 06, 10:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Pete wrote:
[...]

It is possible that you may have avoided a scenic trip to Lubbock,
Texas. I am not in any way trying to defend the clowns on the video.
However, one thing they did not do is remove any trees.

73,
Gene
W4SZ
Old December 26th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Gene Fuller wrote:
It is possible that you may have avoided a scenic trip to Lubbock,
Texas.

On another note, has the state of Texas passed PRB1?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Old December 26th 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

This news spot is OLD!

OLD news is NO NEWS.

NEW news is NEWS [so, I'm told].

In the USA there is a federal pre-emption limiting local laws against antennas.

Old December 27th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Pete" wrote in
:

If the neighbourhood had not removed every single tree around, the
antenna would not look so stark in it's nested state. We have a lot of
those walled estates here in ZS and they seem to attract the same anal
residents!

And behind walls is a great place for them.

The developments here are also devoid of trees.
Unfortunately, we don't have a federal law to rely on here, our
amateurs have to rely on sneaky antennas only.

Perhaps the Amateur could get rid of his unattractive antenna if
the neighborhood would agree to purge itself of other eyesores - such as
the adipose and unnatractive women complaining about the antenna.

Lucily I live in a freehold suburb with plenty of trees. My 55'
crank-up also nests at about 20' and is virtually invisible from all
roads but one due to the trees around it. Only my immediate neighbours
can see it in the nested position, but they still have the trees to
get an idea of the proportions so it is not a problem. Trees have more
bulk than the antenna and give proportion to it's size.

Maybe that guy should print some info leaflets for the neighbours to
inform them that in an emergency situation, that 'eyesore' could be
their only communications system and their lifeline to help?

I believe, he would be better off selling his place and moving to a
neighborhood that doesn't have People who want to controll everything
their neighbors do.

People forget surprisingly quickly that the distance from the top of
the (technological) heap to the bottom is an incredibly short
distance! One big storm in the right place and infrastructure can
crumble and take them back to their medievil walled villages that they
appear to be longingly trying to emulate!

Like I said, they belong behind walls....

What hole comes before a B-Hole?

And How!

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:03 PM
Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM
No CounterPoise - Portable Antenna System RHF Shortwave 1 November 19th 05 06:18 PM
The "Almost" Delta Loop Antenna for Limited Space Shortwave Listening (SWL) made from TV 'type' Parts RHF Shortwave 0 October 16th 05 12:34 PM
LongWire Antenna Jim B Shortwave 5 March 2nd 04 09:36 AM