Old December 28th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
AaronJ AaronJ is offline

Default How to disable CW sidetone in TS-440s?

"Zommbee" wrote:

Might be better to turn down the sidetone in the keyer. If you were to
ever use a straight key, you would need to turn the radio side tone back
up.

Dee, N8UZE

Good thought. But actually I normally monitor my CW on my R5000
receiver that sits next to the TS-440. But I will give that some thought.

How about improving the 440 by a simple mod. Find the value of the inside pot,
remove it, run some wires to a convenient spot and install an outside pot/knob
like it should have had in the first place. You're not one of those guys who
doesn't like to drill holes are you...