Old December 28th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
HFguy HFguy is offline

Default WOW - New antenna ROCKS

Finally after many questions, much reading, and careful planning I now
have completed and am listening with my new Random Wire, far end fed
antenna.

It is Soooo much more quiet compared to the Windom I had in the attic.
I had no reception on the 80 meter band before and now there is are
many Hams yapping away. There is so many more stations I can hear now
that the noise is gone.

Now listening to South Africa broadcasting around 15.24. No digital
yet.

Thanks to all who advised and directed me.

Brian

Actually it is more of an inverted "L" as the the horizontal is about
85 ft and then goes about 15 ft down to about a foot above the ground
to the balun that is mount directly to the ground rod.

Brian

What kind of balun (unun) did you use?