Old December 29th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Gary KW4Z Gary  KW4Z is offline

Default Amateur radio enthusiasts fight to save Morse Code

I doubt that any efforts will prevail. Too many are opposed to it and those
that are opposed are the younger ones and potential new Amateurs. I hate to
see it go, as a requirement, cause I am a true believer that you respect
more what you pay for in blood or pain and suffering and although that is a
stretch to equate code with pain the principal comes through and I think
that's why many are not wanting it dropped. Amateur Radio though is the
last bastion for the code, I believe, as the Commercial Radiotelegraph
license became obsolete years ago for the maritime service and I still
regret never getting that license with radar endorsement for I think I'd be
living a lot happier and fatter right now with some of the jobs I saw posted
back in the 80's.

I thought the code requirement was effectively dropped when they reduced
the required speed to five words per minute.

On 12/28/06 1:21 PM, in article ,
"Joaquin Tall" wrote:

Complete article at link below:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/12/...oney/morse.php