Old December 30th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default So who won the "when does NoCode happen" pool?

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
news

"Dee Flint" wrote in message
. ..

"Alun L. Palmer" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in
ups.com:

[snip]
73 de N3KIP

I'm firmly convinced that the number of petitions was a major hang-up on
processing this. Each petition had a slightly different spin and each
had a significant number of comments. The FCC staff had to digest all
this and come to an agreement on just what approach would be taken.
Dee, N8UZE

I suspect it is just "low priority" within the FCC's scope of
authority.

Yup, I believe that was also a significant factor. It wouldn't surprise me
if the only reasons they got to it now was because the office was slow and
they wanted to clean up some loose ends before the end of the year.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all,

Thanks and same to you.

My wish for the New Year is that this forum once again become a
place for rational thought and discussion. The personal attacks
and other slimeball commentary by those who know who they are
should end. It is tragic that some people can't abide by simply
repecting the medium and using it in a positive manner.

I hope so too.

OK, soapbox mode off :-)

Bill K2UNK

Dee, N8UZE